Here are some things which don’t work in firefox and bother me. I’m comparing this to the king of browsers, which is as of [the date this post was last edited]: Google Chrome and on Windows.
Smooth zooming doesn’t exist.
So for a laptop with touchscreen, or a precision touchpad, zooming in firefox is awful and jumps from 100% to 300% instantly with just a few millimeters of finger movement.
Firefox Sync is awful.
- syncing open tabs between browsers (laptop and computer on the same wireless network) takes more than 30 minutes, while on chrome is instant
- bookmark syncing is slow, 10-30 minutes of slow
- the favicons of synced bookmars are not refreshed on the other computers, so i have to manually open the links (to have the favicon loaded)
about:config“re-imagination” is half baked and will never be fixed because there are too few * power * users using it:
“Awesomebar” WILL BE AWESOME AND YOU WILL LIKE IT NO MATTER WHAT!!!
Jesus christ, why would you think that is good UX? https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/fwhlva/address_barawesomebar_design_update_in_firefox_75/?sort=confidence
- You: You could press the sync button in firefox to have all the data synced right now.
Me: That is not how good UX works. (see how chrome does it - it just works)
- You: There’s a plugin which adds smooth zooming to firefox.
Me: There’s an 8 year old bug on Firefox bug tracker asking for this.
Me: That plugin is useful, but often breaks sites like youtube from accidental zooms. All in all i would say it’s barely usable.